Tuesday 7 January 2020

Reception Tuesday 7th January 2020


Good evening,

I am so very sorry that I cannot be in class at the moment - I miss everyone very much. I did send the children some pictures and a message as well as a video and today the class face timed me to introduce the new class fish which they named Lily and Chase. The names were chosen by a fair and democratic vote! I intend to send a video of me telling them a story and will be popping in for a surprise visit at some point this week!

The children have settled in well to the new term and are loving our new topic - Blue Planet. Mrs. Smith has displayed all their jellyfish and they are producing some amazing writing which is currently being displayed in the Writing Hall of Fame (WHoF Wall) - the main school entrance, please take a look! Hopefully they are dazzling you too with new topic themed vocabulary as they have been learning collective noun names for groups of different sea creatures!

Basketball was a huge success, half the class participated this week and the other half will take part next Tuesday - this will be a weekly lesson! We are currently learning a sea themed dance with Mr. Treble in preparation to perform at the Reception Dance Festival coming up soon.

Information about Power Maths will come home on Friday and I will blog then too!

Mr. Spracklen and Mrs. Smith will be leading the Spring Term Reception Parent Information Session as planned.

Many thanks for your well wishes and support,

Mrs. Johnson and The Wonder Team - Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Cura.


No comments:

Post a Comment