Reception Easter Holiday Home Learning 2019
Choose your learning from this list or add your own ideas!
- Go to the local library and choose some books to read and share, or read stories you have at home.
- Go to the park and climb, run, bounce, swing, walk;ride a bike or a scooter on the way.
- Play a board game.
- Complete a puzzle.
- Go on a Spring walk and notice all the sights, changes and sounds around you - animals, plants, trees, flowers, insects, birds…………can you take some photos using the camera by yourself?
- Draw an Easter picture.
- Make an Easter bonnet.
- Use junk modelling to make a nest, a rabbit, a chick, a lamb, a tree, or a flower……….
- Practise your Fred-talk, play sound “hang-man” (but done with a flower as the picture), practise your handwriting and letter formation.
- Watch the Peter Rabbit film or read the book and write your own story about Peter Rabbit.
- Write an Easter poem.
- Write a story about the Easter bunny or an Easter egg.
- Find out facts about Easter.
- Count how many Easter eggs you get/eat, practise your number formation and recognition, go egg rolling and measure how far your egg goes, weigh your Easter eggs and see which is the heaviest/lightest, make an Easter egg hunt for your family with numbers on the eggs, draw chicks in a nest and count them. Do some adding and taking away number sentences. Count how many days of the holidays you have left before school starts. Read the days of the week on the calendar. Practise telling the O'clock time. Time how long it takes you to do something (eat an easter egg!!!!!).
HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FAMILY!