Tuesday 8 May 2012

Confident Caterpillars

In the next 2 weeks we will be thinking about being confident caterpillars in our PSE time.
This can be a difficult word to understand and relate to oursleves. I will be talking about what confidence means? What words describe it? How do we behave when we feel confident? How do I feel when I am not feeling confident?  
Thorny issues when you are 4 and 5 years old!!

Ultimately I would like the children to come away from this mini theme with an idea of  an  "I can do  attitude". "Mistakes are ok they help me learn attitude" and an  "I can ask for help attitude"
Perhaps you can come up with some words or pictures to bring in.
I have great  one of a cat staring into a mirror and seeing a lion.
What does your child think confidence is all about? How do they feel confident? Or not?
Start the debate in your house today!
Here's a thought.          Life isn't about finding yourself.
                                     Life is about creating yourself.
Mrs Birbeck

1 comment:

  1. Genevieve feels nervous about dancing on stage at Weymouth Pavilion. She has been thinking about how she can be confident. One of her ideas is to practice and practice and practice in front of the family with Natasha and Charlotte. Also, putting on a big smile :)

    ReplyDelete